Below are driving instructions to Fernleigh from both north and south.
Directions to ‘Fernleigh’ from Sydney
via Gundy, Bell Trees and Moonan Flat
· Travelling north, take the M3 motorway towards Newcastle from Hornsby and then veer off on the new Hunter Expressway to Singleton
. Take the New England Highway to Muswellbrook and Aberdeen
· Approx 1 km north of Aberdeen, there is a sign ‘Segenhoe Road’ to Gundy and Glenbawn Dam, where you turn right [there is a right arrow filter lane]
· Follow this road for approx 13 km, past the ‘Vinery’ horse stud to the end of the road, to a T-intersection at a slant
· Turning right, follow the signs to Gundy and travel approx 60 km to Ellerston – this part of the trip seems to take forever!
· Pass through Moonan Flat [with its infamous pub] and soon after the road becomes gravel, though there is the odd sealed patch [the last 30 minutes of the entire trip is a difficult gravel road – so drive very carefully, especially if you are a city driver!]
· As you approach down hill towards Ellerston Station, you see a large number of buildings in the near distance
· Before the bridge at the bottom of the hill, just at the Ellerston sign, turn left into ‘Pages Creek Road,’ sign-posted Crawney and Nundle
· Follow this road for approx 13 km
· Before the brow of the last hill, a small strip of bitumen sealed road begins, heralding your arrival at ‘Uloola’, which is the first house on the left .
· Continue along past the homestead on the bitumen [careful over those sharp bends!!] until you see a letter-box with a sign marked ‘Back-in-a-Week’, Fernleigh.
· Turn left at the letter-box on to Fernleigh Road and travel 3.6 kms to Fernleigh Hall. It is the last building you will come to.
· The telephone number at Fernleigh Hall is 65 465 156.
· The ‘Good Health Getaway’ program begins at 4 pm on Friday.
There is no fuel beyond the New England Highway so make sure you fill up before leaving civilisation!